Senior UI/UX Artist (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: November 15, 2019
Are you a UI/UX Artist passionate about making commercially successful games and creating good looking, user-friendly, and consistent mobile user interfaces that delight our players? Awesome, we at Rovio’s Battle Studio are looking for a talented individual to help us with current and upcoming titles.
Rovio’s Battle Studio is located in Espoo, Finland. We’re making exciting, competitive, and engaging mobile games geared towards a mid-core audience, from deep strategy games to approachable RPGs.
The role is very broad and you should be ready to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from art to design to implementation. In return, we offer a vibrant working community filled to the brim with talented individuals, exciting career opportunities for personal growth, and possibilities to make games that can reach millions of players all around the world.
You should have:
- At least 3 years of experience in making UI for free-to-play mobile games
- Successfully shipped at least one free-to-play mobile game
- An artistic background with the capability of making final UI assets and implementing them
- A keen eye for interaction design and an understanding of how to make games feel great to play
- Experience in using Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or equivalent game engine tool
- Experience with Adobe’s design tools, especially Photoshop
- Great communication skills in English to effortlessly speak the language of artists, game designers, and developers
- Passion for competitive games
As a bonus, we really appreciate:
- Prior practical experience in Unity3D, in particular with UI implementation
- High-level, systematic thinking for making complex, UI-heavy games
- Capability to wireframe user flows and communicate them to the team
- Solid understanding of best usability practices
- Experience in testing games with actual players and managing feedback
What you get when you join us:
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible work hours
- We give you the best support we can to help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We have lots of fun! We’re a family-like community that’s hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You’ll get to work in a truly international environment: you’ll hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a top-of-the-line cell phone, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
If you are interested, please send your application today (your CV, cover letter, link to demo reel)! We look forward to hearing from you.