Senior UI Programmer REDLYNX / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: October 27, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are now looking for a
Senior UI Programmer to join our new unannounced mobile project
We have kicked off a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! As a UI Programmer in this project, you’ll be ensuring that the feeling of the new game will be smooth as silk by implementing practical and efficient solutions and features related to in-game menus, as well as HUD’s. Your work will be guided by UI, design and technical requirements. Our project will offer you opportunities to create cool stuff and let your know-how shine. You will work as part of our talented and amazing Programmer team as well as with our Artists and Designers.
We’re looking for a programmer with strong expertise and interest in interface design and motivation to do things not just well, but pixel-perfect! You are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders from different disciplines and you are not afraid to communicate your ideas in the team.
You will join a compact team of enthusiastic game developers who seek growth opportunities with open minds. We work in an agile way with and in an outspoken and playful atmosphere, enjoying the network and support of Ubisoft.
- Take responsibility for the UI technical architecture
- Write modular and reusable UI code in feature development
- Use object-oriented practices on a daily basis
- Extend and support user interface framework
- Work hand in hand with UI Artists and Designers to prototype and deliver the best experience for players
- Participate in the agile development process
- Support the programming team in general programming tasks when needed
Your skills and experience
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 2 years as UI programmer or similar position
- Solid knowledge of Unity engine, especially UI and animation best practices and optimization
- Proficient in C#
- Goal-oriented problem solver
- Autonomous and proactive attitude
- Well organized and ability to work within deadlines
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent English
- Passion for mobile games
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 9th of November but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.