Senior UI Artist
PUBLISHED: June 26, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
- Visualize and design game User Interfaces, including but not limited to HUD, menus, pop-ups, in-app store pages, and loading screens.
- Make functional and aesthetically pleasing icons that fit the style of the amazing lineup of midcore game titles we are working on.
- Propose options of different UI looks, offering a broad palette of windows and button styles, color schemes, moods, when exploring UI choices for your project.
- Work on full UI production pipeline, starting from conceptualization to art and implementation, including animations of graphical elements.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- At least 3 years of experience in making UI for free-to-play mobile games.
- Successfully shipped at least one free-to-play mobile game.
- An artistic background with the capability of making final UI assets and implementing them.
- A keen eye for interaction design and an understanding of how to make games feel great to play.
- Experience in using Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or equivalent game engine tool.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Great communication skills in English to effortlessly speak the language of artists, game designers, and developers.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior practical experience in Unity3D, in particular with UI implementation.
- Solid understanding of best usability practices.
- Experience in testing games with actual players and managing feedback.
- Experience with animated UI elements and Motion Graphics.
- Experience and passion for midcore games.
- Passionate and aware of newest industry trends and pop culture.