Senior UI Artist
PUBLISHED: November 4, 2019
EA/TRACK TWENTY, Helsinki
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is Electronics Arts mobile game studio based in the centre of Helsinki. The studio is responsible for bringing SimCity BuildIt to tablet and mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studios passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
We are looking for a Senior UI artist to join our team.
- Design and create UI assets for mobile platform considering a wide range of aspect ratios.
- Work closely with members of the Design team to understand and incorporate Design’s needs into the UI. This includes attending meetings and speaking to feedback as well as being able to competently explain UI decisions.
- Wire-frame new screens and user flows based on verbal input and/or documentation.
- Work closely with members of the Engineering team to implement UI screens and assets.
- Troubleshoot and solve any UI related bugs/issues.
- Assess any risks to new screens/features from a UI standpoint prior to execution.
- Keep UI assets and atlases up-to-date.
- Experience shipping mobile titles with a focus on designing, creating, and implementing UI.
- Strong background in 2D art.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate
- Experience in implementing UI’s in Unity
- Quickly learn and understand the existing UI conventions of the game and operate with said conventions in mind, as well as being able to articulate those conventions to others.
- Must be able to receive and react to feedback from multiple sources in a competent and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Must have cross-disciplinary skills and work well in a multi-discipline environment.