Senior Technical Artist SOCIAL FIRST / Helsinki, Finland (Hybrid)
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2022
We are a veteran team with years of experience in building cross-platform social MMO games together and in different companies. We promote healthy work-life balance, safe and inclusive culture, professional development, transparent communication and low hierarchy. We are remote-first and based in Helsinki, Finland – The gaming capital of the world.
At Social First, our ambition is to create cross-platform, social multiplayer & MMO games that will keep players and their friends engaged for years to come. We believe that focusing on the social interactions within games and having high accessibility regardless of the players’ favourite devices are key in creating meaningful, shared gameplay experiences.
We are looking for a skilled, highly creative Technical Artist to join our growing studio. You will be participating in creating optimized shaders, best practices, workflows and VFX for a visually stunning cross-platform social game. In this role, you’ll be working closely with the design, art and programming teams to create the means and workflows to accomplish the required level of visual quality and performance.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Great learning opportunities as a part of the early team
- Six weeks of annual paid vacation from the start
- Relocation assistance
- Remote-first hybrid model with a physical office in Helsinki, Finland
- Work closely with the Art and Programming to effectively implement visuals in Unity
- Develop optimized shaders, workflows and other efficient solutions for a cross-platform social game
- Ensure assets are optimized while balancing artistic and gameplay intentions against project constraints
- Create documentation for workflows and tools
- 3+ years professional experience as a technical artist or equivalent role
- Expert-level experience with Game Engines (preferably Unity)
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for a multi-platform game, including mobile
- Experience with Unity’s Shader Graph or equivalent node based tools
- Deep level of understanding and expertise in Shaders, Particles and Lighting
- Great problem solving mentality and good communication skills
- Ability to create an optimized workflow and tools for artists
Extra points for experience in:
- 3DSMax, Zbrush and Substance Painter
- General 3D asset creation
- Character Animation
Interested? Please hit Apply and let’s start charting our journey together!