Senior Technical Artist
PUBLISHED: October 9, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 16,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
Senior Technical Artist for our new unannounced mobile project
Following the success of Trials Frontier and South Park: Phone Destroyer, our studio is kicking off a new mobile project with a new IP. As our Senior Technical Artist, you will develop, adapt and implement the artistic tools and methods to carry out the artistic vision of the game within the defined technical constraints. You will collaborate with the whole game development team to understand, define and implement technical solutions that will optimize the memory, performance, and quality of the game.
We are looking for someone who has a solution-orientated mindset and loves fixing problems. You actively seek opportunities to improve the game performance and you are continually enhancing your current skills. You will have stakeholders to work with, so the ability to collaborate and build and maintain relationships is needed to shine in this role.
We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! You will get to enjoy the network and the support of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a quirky, outspoken and playful atmosphere.
- Collaborating with the Art Director in defining art pipelines, workflows and guidelines to organize the content production
- Developing technical solutions to solve performance issues while executing artistic and game vision
- Supporting content production by providing tools (e.g. scripting and shaders) for the artists
- Being a bridge between Artists and Programmers and working closely with production to solve problems
- Mentoring artists in chosen methods, optimizations and tools
- Constantly communicating with Producers and leads about opportunities and challenges
Our dream candidate
- Has strong knowledge of Unity and its latest development
- Has excellent knowledge and understanding of mobile platforms
- Has good knowledge and understanding of the mobile game development processes and techniques
- Has a good understanding of 3D graphics
- Has knowledge of C# and HLSL
- Understand particles and VFX
- Knows how to positively influence others and communicates with impact
- Challenges the status quo and finds new ways of doing things
- Is constantly curious and proactive in finding new solutions and learning more in their area expertise
- Has excellent collaboration skills and fosters teamwork and diversity
We also appreciate if you
- Know about User Interface design
- Know how to do profiling
- Like Dominos’ pizza!
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV, and portfolio with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 27th of October, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!