SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – PROJECT X
PUBLISHED: January 11, 2018
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
Unity enables the democratization of game development with tools that help developers create immersive experiences and connect millions of users across over 25 hardware platforms. Unity’s market share is more than 45% of the full feature game engine market (source: McKinsey), with more than 5M registered Unity developers. Every quarter Unity powered games are installed nearly 5 billion times on over 2.4 billion unique devices, making it one of the largest mobile platforms in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our product architecture, tools and infrastructure team to work on a new service from Unity that helps mobile game developers make their games more fun, viral and sticky.
To qualify, you should have a solid background in software development, preferably in positions where you’ve already have done decisions on how things are done. Your code will be in front of millions of users, so we highly value solid software development practices, test driven development and taking pride in your work.
Rather than requiring a specific technology, we value experienced, versatile people with a broad range of projects and solutions under their belt.
Our tech stack
- Microservices built with Go
- GraphQL to wire the microservices together
- Frontend built on React Native & Relay in addition to native iOS/Android
- Infrastructure managed by Hashicorp stack
- Databases selected by fit for purpose (we use Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, CockroachDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres)
How we work
- Agile environment
- Highly autonomous teams
- Continuous deployment with multiple deployments to production per day
What’s in it for you
- Design, implement, test and maintain high performance, ambitious software using cutting edge frameworks and tools. You’ll get to choose the best technology and tools for getting your work done
- Work closely with a team of Senior Engineers building the next big thing
- Work with the QA team to ensure high-quality delivery of the end product. We do comprehensive testing using unit and integration tests
- A truly multinational workplace where opinions are valued and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Yammy employee benefits such as ice cream, massage, free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games, generous health care and what not
What does it take
- Solid software development experience, versatile programming skills, capable of learning new languages and tools as needed
- Understanding data structures and algorithms
- Good grasp of test-driven development practices
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills in English
- Being able to clearly communicate your ideas, solutions and talk about them with the team
We also appreciate
- Game development background
- Your own projects, open source contribution
- Be an expert in something: may it be highly distributed systems, creating amazing user interfaces or building highly optimized low level software
- Maybe even bring something new to the table 🙂
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualisation and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that colour outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.