Senior Server Programmer (Java)
PUBLISHED: January 24, 2019
We are looking for a Senior Server Programmer to join our talented Puzzle Studio to work in one of our top performing live games, Angry Birds Friends.
You need a proven record implementing and maintaining server backends. You should have experience and good understanding of designing, implementing and testing server functionalities. You will be working closely with other server and client programmers, game producers and game designers.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design, implement and test game backend functionality for games
- Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures
- Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
- Integrate other cloud services to game servers
- Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Minimum 3 years of server programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, for example GAE or AWS
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong programming skills using Java
- Proficiency with C#, Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
- Experience building and operating scalable applications for high load of users
- Understanding of game architectures and technologies
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Analytical problem solving
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!