Senior Server Programmer
PUBLISHED: November 2, 2018
WARGAMING, Helsinki, Finland
Wargaming Helsinki is looking for a talented Senior Server Programmer to provide players with a seamless gameplay experiences through a network of reliable tools and services.
With the continuous expansion of the Wargaming universe and goal to deliver legendary game experiences, our studio in Helsinki is currently gearing up to launch a brand new mobile game title. In preparation of this we want to expand our highly skilled development team by adding an experienced professional who will responsible for development and maintenance of the server framework, keeping a strong focus on stability, reliability and scalability.
To be successful you will have a strong interest in distributed systems as well as experience in working with designing, building and optimizing the server’s backbone and infrastructure that will run our game. You also have enthusiasm for functional programming, especially using Scala.
The Senior Server Programmer will report to the Programming Lead
What you will do:
- Design, deploy and maintain highly scalable and available back-ends for live games
- Contribute to best practices on reliability and availability
- Troubleshoot and tune high-volume shared database systems
- Implement new features using Scala
Who are you:
- Proven ability to be a team player
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability collaborate closely with the Designers and Gameplay programmers to define the game server logic
- Experience with designing and developing large frameworks
- Excellent coding skills, preferably within functional programming
- Holding a genuine passion for games and delivering awesome game experience
- Ability to communicate in both written and spoken English
- Understanding of cloud services such as Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Database design and implementation skills, and good SQL and NoSQL knowledge
What additional skills can set you apart:
- Extensive familiarity with cloud computing
- Experience working on and developing online games
- Having worked with server development without application servers
- Experience with Unix and scripting languages
What we offer at Wargaming Helsinki:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced, humble and nimble development team with one mission: Make. Legendary. Games.
- Autonomy and independence: take decisions without layers of management or bureaucracy
- You’ll be part of the international Wargaming ecosystem
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Relocation support for all new employees, non-Finnish/EU citizens included
- Work in an open and friendly office environment in the center of Helsinki
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.