Senior Server Programmer (Slingshot Studio)
PUBLISHED: June 29, 2017
We are looking for a Senior Server Programmer to join our talented Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched. Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
You need a proven record implementing and maintaining server backend for games or similar. You should have experience and strong understanding of designing, implementing and testing server functionalities. You will be working closely with other server and client programmers, game producers and game designers.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design game server architectures
- Design, implement and test game backend functionality
- Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures
- Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
- Integrate other cloud services to game servers
- Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Minimum 4 years of server programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, especially GAE and AWS
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong programming skills using Java
- Proficiency with C#, Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
- Experience building and operating scalable applications for high load of users
- Understanding of game architectures and technologies
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Analytical problem solving
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Slingshot your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!