(Senior) Server Developer
PUBLISHED: November 17, 2017
Are you eager to bring mobile games to life with cloud-based experiences? Do you feel inspired by being part of developing innovative services for F2P games? If yes, you might be the Server Developer we are now looking for to join our Games Technology team!
Rovio Games Technology is a team of 50 professionals; many working on Beacon, our awesome cloud platform. Beacon provides Rovio’s games developers the means to bring their games to life every day. We make this happen through cloud-based experiences e.g. targeted and scheduled in-game events, advertising and payments.
Overall, we serve hundreds of millions of players and hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, responding to thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe. Our games developers use our cloud services through REST APIs, SDK and developer dashboard.
What you’ll take under your wings
- Development of software working to agreed practices and priority
- Design EPICs and stories in enough technical detail before implementation
- Contribute to sprint and increment planning, and test and document deliverables
- Deploy services and support operations when needed
- Participate in code reviews, and resolve and close an equal share of bugs in the team
- Seek to understand the needs of our game developers to continuously improve our offering
- Develop own competence in the technology and domain beyond your current expertise (fuller-stack, services etc.)
Ideally you have these feathers in your cap:
- 4+ years of recent Java development
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Excellent team working skills, communication skills and passion to grow and learn
- MSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education
Additionally we’d love if you have some of these:
- Front-end experience with AngularJS and Node.js
- Client experience with C++ and C#
- Experience of working with or developing F2P mobile games
- Experience with IAP Payments, Live Operations tools, Programmatic Ads, Ads mediation, User Acquisition, Game Servers, Analytics and Backend as a service.
What you get when you join us
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your targets
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. And we do have fun together!
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Competitive benefits such as extended health care insurance, lunch and sport vouchers, a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, breakfast, gaming area, gym and sauna. And all the fruit you can eat!
Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today! Remember to include a CV and cover letter.