Senior Server Developer
PUBLISHED: November 10, 2017
DODREAMS, Helsinki, Finland
As Senior Server Developer you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining server infrastructure for Drive Ahead! Games
We’re looking for a team member with experience in software planning and development to work on individual Drive Ahead! games and a joint proprietary platform for physics-based online multiplayer games. Your responsibilities would also include setting up and optimizing servers globally.
Requirements for the Candidate
You have experience in designing game server architectures
* Design, implement and test game backend functionality
* Create and maintain the game server cloud infrastructures
* Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
* Be part of designing client/backend communication protocols
* Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Additionally, we appreciate
* At least 5 years of server programming experience
* Proven game server development background on commercial projects
* Experience with F2P games both as a developer and player
* Deep knowledge and experience with cloud platforms and related technologies, especially AWS
* Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
* Solid programming skills using C++ and C#
* Experience and interest in any additional programming languages
* Understanding of game architectures and technologies (especially real-time and asynchronous PvP)
* Passion for solving technical problems
What We Offer
Drive Ahead! Games are the best way to experience games fun not only to play, but also share and watch. With a perfect mix of random, crazy fun and casual competitive skill gaming, our vision is to be the #1 choice for action, racing and sports genre fans. We offer a unique opportunity to work with a large and active community of highly engaged players. We make updates and publish new titles with the support of our fan base of 10 m monthly active users.
As a studio we build the Drive Ahead! Brand by creating games that are social through online multiplayer gaming & video streaming as well as highly engaging through live-ops. We continue to enhance the social experience of our games by expanding to new platforms and technologies such as AR. So this is your chance to work with games in the fastest growing areas of the industry.
Dodreams is a growth company made of self-organizing, small and effective teams. Our 20+ employee team is based in Helsinki, Finland. We combine the best parts of a startup and established company. Founded in 2008, we have strong financial standing and also grow fast with the Drive Ahead! Family of Games. As Senior Server Developer, you will play a key role in creating the player experience for the portfolio. As an employer, we offer a comprehensive health care plan and flexible working hours. We provide relocation support for international candidates.
How to Apply
Send your resume and portfolio through Linked in [LINK] by March 31st 2018. Any questions may be directed to Office Manager Miia Hakala via email email@example.com with the subject “Senior Server Developer Question”.