Senior QA Tester
PUBLISHED: July 10, 2018
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
Senior QA Tester
Do you want to be part of making and maintaining great games and being the gatekeeper for live player experience? Do you enjoy understanding systems and breaking them? Next Games is the best place to create highly engaging mobile games with the brightest people in the gaming industry. We’re looking for a Senior QA Tester with a passion for mobile games and eagerness to take on the next big challenge: To help our teams deliver high quality gaming service experiences to the players.
We appreciate people who take pride in their work and are persistent, not giving up until the job is done. In order to succeed with us you need have a proactive mindset, pay close attention to detail and want to understand the root cause and solution, not just focusing on the symptoms.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- “Player first!” mentality required to evaluate features and issues from the player point of view
- 3+ years of experience in game testing with 2+ years in mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- 2+ years of experience in running a live game with periodic releases
- Proactive problem solving mentality that helps you go from start to finish
- Ability to work in a cross-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Bachelor-level degree or higher in a suitable field
- Attention to detail while also understanding the bigger picture
- Ability to understand and test technically complex features
- Programming experience is a plus
- Experience in running a successful test automation framework for a live game service is considered a plus
Your main responsibility would be to improve the player experience by:
- Hands-on testing of new features
- Verifying fixes
- Investigating live issues
- Finding new ways to improve quality: tools, practices, communication
You could and should be:
- A gamer (this is a must)
- A team player familiar with working with people having very different skillsets and backgrounds
- A person with learn-as-you-go -attitude, capable of delivering results fast despite little prior knowledge of the domain
- Proactive in searching information and adopting and learning new concepts and tools
Next Games is proud to be ranked as one of the best employers in Finland by the esteemed Great Place to Work© organization! We are the only game studio on the list and believe that our strong value-based culture is one of the main reasons our employees love to work here. We are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
Here at Next Games we aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.