Senior QA Engineer (Test Automation)
PUBLISHED: December 22, 2017
We are looking for a senior test automation engineer to join our Delta team in Espoo, Finland.
Delta is a central team of Rovio providing QA, player support, delivery, user research and audio services to our five game studios and we now need the best-of-the-best in test automation to join us!
What you’ll take under your wings:
In this role, you get to work with our game development teams in our game studios to design, create and operate meaningful test automation to meet the team needs. Your contributions will enable the teams to consistently meet their high quality standards in their fast-paced game development projects.
We are looking for someone who is experienced, inspiring and technically talented. You understand how automated testing can be made reliable, thorough, efficient, cost effective and how it can provide value for our teams. You enjoy having deep discussions about programming and quality and can easily explain why specific test automation approaches fit certain situations and why certain might not. We value a professional programming background, mobile games test automation experience (iOS / Android) and experience on Unity projects.
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience, preferably on mobile
- 3+ years of hands-on test automation experience, preferably on mobile
- Strong programming skills with C# and preferably also C++
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, shell)
- Broad familiarity of test automation tools and approaches, especially for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Good understanding software architectures and design patterns
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Genuine interest and passion for programming, technology, test automation and gaming
- Experience with Unity game development and test automation best practices on Unity projects is a big plus
This is a senior role and your influence will affect the whole organization as you get to work closely with each of our studios. Your main ambition is to drive Rovio towards more agile game development process, faster and more consistent deliveries and deployments and ultimately higher quality products and fan experiences.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!