Senior Producer (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: November 15, 2019
Are you a Senior Producer passionate about making commercially successful games, with a talented team? Awesome, we at Rovio’s Battle Studio are looking for a talented individual to help us with current and upcoming titles.
Rovio’s Battle Studio is located in Espoo, Finland. We’re making exciting, competitive, and engaging mobile games geared towards a mid-core audience, from deep strategy games to approachable RPGs.
As a Senior Producer, you are expected to be an experienced scrum master/agile coach who is in-charge of the development process for the team and also accountable for deadline. This is a team coach role where you have to work with the team members and the Game Lead in ensuring that the game is developed on time, with quality through collaboration and ownership from the team.
- Create and maintain a clean backlog
- Work with the Game Lead and team in maintaining a clean backlog using agile principles
- Assisting the Game Lead with roadmaps, schedules, and backlog prioritization
- Working with the Game Lead and PM in deriving the roadmap
- Work closely with the team in estimation of the backlog items
- Introduce, maintain and continuously improve the ways of developing the game
- Find the right development process and team structure using agile principles
- Maintain the process and find context accordingly through collaboration with the team
- Continuously find ways to improve the process.
- Working with cross-functional teams by promoting autonomy within carefully crafted parameters and maintaining a psychologically safe environment for experimentation
- As a captain-coach ensure that the team is focused on achieving the goals of an iteration
- Identifying, communicating, and helping to resolve all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent an on-time and high-quality delivery. Exposing risk and collaborating to find solutions
- Working with other producers in the team, as a mentor, coach, and peer.
- Celebrating achievements, fighting troubles, learning from mistakes, and leading responsibly
What we are looking for?
- Passionate mobile gamer who loves games
- 4+ years of experience as a Game Producer with experience leading and coordinating live games development and operations
- Knowledge in Agile Product Management and backlog prioritization techniques
- Proven track record of managing a commercial game project from start to launch
- Experience in leading and sustaining self-organizing cross-functional teams
- Good understanding of Design Thinking and Rapid Prototyping
- Good understanding of a player-centric and data-driven approach
- Prior experience in hands-on game development ( art, programming, qa etc.) would be a big plus.
- Proficiency in agile development frameworks like SCRUM and KANBAN.
- Knowledge in the principles of Lean, Agile, Total Productive Maintenance, Theory of Constraints etc.
- Experience in using scaling framework like LESS, Scrum@Scale is a big plus
- Analytical, methodical thinking
- Takes a collaborative and consensus-driven approach, but makes decisions and communicates them (and their reasoning) well after gathering enough information.
What you get when you join us:
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible work hours
- We give you the best support we can to help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We have lots of fun! We’re a family-like community that’s hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You’ll get to work in a truly international environment: you’ll hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a top-of-the-line cell phone, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more