Senior Player Support Specialist
PUBLISHED: November 8, 2017
Hello gamer! We’re looking for a Senior Player Support Specialist with oodles of passion and proactivity to join us here in Espoo!
Working within our Delta team’s player support function you will be the lead for a key title within Rovio’s family of games, whilst also being the game’s player advocate inside Rovio.
Delta team is a central Rovio team, serving our 5 studios. We provide services including QA, player services, delivery, user research and audio. So as well as your primary focus of managing this key title, you will also experience first-hand the various operational duties that the Delta team manage in bringing games to the world, from early-stage market insights to going live in the app stores.
Ideally you already have plenty of experience in managing customer support operations and you personify world-class customer support and dedication to the craft.
Your key tasks and responsibilities would be:
- Ensuring Rovio’s quality standards and reputation are upheld with regards to player satisfaction.
- Continually maintaining and improving player self-help channels
- Knowing your game(s) inside out
- Answering player support emails concerning technical problems and usability issues for a given Rovio tite across different platforms in a timely, knowledgeable and polite manner.
Player advocate to the game team
- Represent the players from within the game team and can actively coach the development team to plan player support into its activities
- Provide timely and routine player-centric reports to the game team
- Ensure full visibility to the quality of the live title at all times to the game team
- Attending all relevant project-specific meetings as the voice of the player
- Being fully aware of new updates, their impact on player experience and any actions Rovio may take to mitigate potential player pain
- Backlog prioritisation influence
- Following up on any existing game issues on a regular basis through thorough tracking and reporting
- Fostering a positive attitude and working in co-operation
- Managing our support partners in both day-to-day operations and with a view to long-term sustained excellence in the work they do
- Continuous education and sharing of knowledge with our partners in a systematic and timely manner
- Training, educating and instructing external player support team members
- Quality assessments of external agents on a regular basis to ensure that knowledge is correctly utilised by partners
Within the player support function
- Share best practices from the ways of working within your title to ensure that we can all improve from each other
- Leading or participating in short-term projects concerning internal process development, communications improvements, systems development etc, when needed.
- Understanding the future of player support and how this relates to your games so that you can anticipate and plan for future needs
- Appraising and monitoring KPIs to keep service as consistent as possible
- Onboarding of new team members
- Circular communication of knowledge regarding bugs, UX and the roadmap from developers to players
- Bringing proactive improvements and solutions to both game and player support roadmaps
Sounds like a lot? Well it is! But you’re up for it, right?
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Six years of player support experience, preferably over email. Technical support is an advantage
- Being a keen gamer
- Bachelor’s degree or some form of formal training is considered as an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with and interest in mobile devices from a player perspective
- Patience with facing difficult issues
- Ability to process large amounts of information quickly and sort the technical details of it through all the feedback received
- An analytical mind to ensure that we are data driven in decision making
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Additional skills in either web development or SQL are a plus
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- A great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop, sport vouchers, sauna, massage and more
- Oh, and we’ve got good coffee. And fresh fruits. And free soda 🙂
Slingshot your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!