(Senior) Performance Marketing/User Acquisition Manager, Espoo ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: May 7, 2021
User acquisition helps our games to grow their user base by finding the most valuable target audiences. The craft relies heavily on data and changes rapidly; sometimes the learnings expire in a matter of months. This requires fast thinking, openness to venture out from comfort zone and reading into the smallest of indicators in the data. Close communication with multiple different teams is vital and makes the job interesting. Showing an ad in the right place at the right time to the right person sounds almost impossible but the UA team makes it possible.
Our team is growing and we are currently looking for motivated, collaborative and analytical (Senior) User Acquisition Managers/Specialists to join our Puzzle studio in the Helsinki metropolitan area.
Your responsibilities could include (depending on the role):
- In close collaboration with the Product Team, take part in defining the overall UA strategy for new and existing games to maximise its growth profitably, month over month, year after year.
- Campaign management/analysis, including optimization and monitoring of campaigns, budget allocation, leading A/B tests, identifying new channels, analysis.
- Owning the relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g.: talking with partners on how to improve campaigns and gather the latest insights, and communicating UA performance with the game and product marketing teams).
- Contributing in the creative ideation and strategy: you will get the chance to work closely with marketing artists and the product marketing team to create and test our next top ads.
- Drive relentless culture of experimentation on all key existing channels, while also ideating and establishing new UA funnels for the game you are in charge of.
- Domain areas – 70% of your time is dedicated to UA for the game(s) you are in charge of and 30% is allocated for you to lead or support team-wide projects (ex: programmatic, automation, creatives, Facebook, etc).
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Previous working experience in mobile games or app user acquisition (ideally 2+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize monthly multi-million dollar acquisition budgets with clear ROI targets
- Experience in working with Facebook, Google Ads or other digital marketing platforms
- Fluency in spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Analytical mindset
- A passionate and organized self-starter, who doesn’t accept the status quo, but always seeks to improve and automate workflows in order to increase performance.
- Ability to take ownership of game’s user acquisition operations and strategy
- Excited about marketing and data-driven growth
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for mobile games
We’d love if you have some of these following qualities:
- Advanced knowledge in Facebook or Google Ads, or other UA channels.
- Understanding of mobile marketing ad tech: game measurement tools, attribution providers, programmatic advertising, fraud, etc.
- Experience with UA creative process (ex: leading and setting up the creative strategy, preparing briefs, providing feedback during production, organizing creative brainstorming, etc).
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- SQL experience
About the Marketing team:
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our Marketing team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio. Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.