Senior or Lead Graphics Programmer
PUBLISHED: September 11, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 15,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a self-driven and talented
Senior or Lead Graphics Programmer to join our core technology team.
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP and we have also started a co-development project with Ubisoft Massive. These new projects need more hands on deck! As our Graphics Programmer, you will design and implement systems for the rendering engine to help the game development team to carry out their visions to the game. You will have the opportunity to work with Ubisoft’s inhouse engine, Snowdrop, which is an industry-leading tool capable of creating some of the most advanced content ever seen in video games. Depending on your background and interests, you can join us as a senior member taking full independent responsibility, or as a Technical Lead influencing our long term road map and leading a team of Graphics Programmers.
If quality code is your second name, you have passion for video games and you don’t give up in the face of tricky technical challenges, please reveal yourself! You will have a unique possibility to work for a top game publisher and access Ubisoft’s fantastic resources and networks and work with an AAA game title. At the same time, you get to enjoy a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio and a superbly skilled team to work with.
Our dream candidate
- 3+ years of experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Strong background in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Solid debugging skills including the ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Good communicator who enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists, and designers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
We also appreciate
- Understanding the visual aspects of computer graphics (PBR materials, lighting and animation)
- Experience in multiple graphics APIs
- Studies in Computer Science or another relevant field
- An awesome project with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV together with your salary expectation by 6th of October. Apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!