(Senior) Online Programmer REDLYNX / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: April 19, 2021
As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a friendly atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and diverse professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are now looking for a
(Senior) Online Programmer for an unannounced project
We have recently kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our (Senior) Online Programmer in this project, you will play a key role in that a high number of players can be simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience. You will be designing, developing and maintaining game-related online services and tools. You also help determine systems behavior under normal or peak loads to optimize performance and make adjustments to cope with bandwidth constraints. Your objective is to create a robust online experience, and you will be working in close co-operation with multidisciplinary teams of programmers, game designers, artists, and testers.
If high-quality code is your second name, and new online features knock your socks off please reveal yourself! We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time, work in an agile studio with a relaxed, yet highly skilled team to work with. We want to make unique and creative games and keep the ambition level high!
- Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game
- Collaborate with game designers and programmers to make technical designs for the online features
- Implement backend services and work with database layer communications
- Integrate external services and SDKs required for gameplay and live service
- Implement admin tools to maintain the live service and operation of the game
- Stay up-to-date on online programming in general and your specialties in particular
Your skills and experience
- Fluency in C++
- Experience with database design and usage in scalable systems with familiarity of SQL and NoSQL
- In-depth understanding of client-server methodology, scalability and security considerations
- Understanding of internet and network architectures with bandwidth considerations
- Strong general programming and code architecture skills
For you to thrive in this role, you
- Have the ability to write clear, maintainable, portable and functional code
- Have a strong commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
- Have smooth communication and teamwork skills
- Have a proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
We also appreciate
- Experience in any of these programming languages is a strong plus: C#, Python, Go
- Experience in real-time multiplayer game development
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- Experience with backend infrastructure
- Experience with docker and/or kubernetes
- Experience with microservices
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 17th of May 2021 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you (screening and interviewing will start instantly)! In the meantime, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
This job requires moving onsite to Finland and during the pandemic time, we are working remotely. We have successfully and safely relocated numerous new employees before and during COVID, so if you are interested to move to Finland, don’t hesitate to apply!
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.