(Senior) Machine Learning Engineer ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: November 5, 2020
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio’s in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
As a (Senior) Machine Learning Engineer, you would help Rovio reach the next level by introducing new ML based services to create and operate games. We believe that ML should be an integral part of every service we provide and you would be participating and potentially leading projects to deliver new ML driven features to the best known brand in mobile games. You will have the unique opportunity of working with truly large sets of high quality data on top of a top-notch data platform. You will also work alongside a diverse community of colleagues that are hands-on, collaborative and ambitious.
We expect you to be a developer-minded person with great co-operational skills. You enjoy working with a team on challenging problems and do not mind sharing your learning, good or bad.
- Develop and maintain our machine learning solutions, which serve all our game studios, and millions of players
- Model and predict player behaviour
- Support others as domain expert for machine learning, big data processing and Rovio data
- Research emerging machine learning and big data technologies
We think you’ll do great in this role with:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in the field of machine learning; experience in delivering production grade end to end solutions on cloud infrastructure is considered a huge advantage
- Good knowledge of Python and its commonly used ML libraries, as well as SQL
- Experience with agile methods involving Jira, GitHub, pull requests, planning and dailies
- Competence in Linux
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Passion for games!!!
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Open source big data technologies and large data sets
- Relational databases and data warehousing
- Amazon Web Services, especially with Athena, Presto, Spark, Kafka and Flink. General understanding on deploying applications in AWS environment.
- C# and Unity; our games are built with Unity, so knowing them is helpful in game ML related projects
- Java; most of our services are currently in Java and having the ability to understand and modify these systems is beneficial
- You can be either a seasoned professional already gained experience on the field or in the early stages of your career aiming to grow into the role.
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager and several of the senior members of the team. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are, what motivates you and what your experience has been so far. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the team you’ll be working in and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: A home exercise will be provided to work on in your own time. The aim is to get a clear overview of your technical skills.
- Final round: This is a discussion to go over the home exercise results so we can better understand your thought process. We will also walk you through our relocation process if you will be relocating from abroad.