Senior Java/Typescript Fullstack Developer (Games Technology) ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: April 1, 2021
The Games Technology team encompasses a whole host of data and analytics expertise areas, including (but not limited to) machine learning, build and submission tools, and cloud infrastructure. Powered by Beacon, Rovio’s in-house cloud services platform, the team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day. All of this work results in services and tools that enable successful live operations and continuous optimization in Rovio’s games.
Are you eager to bring mobile games to life? Do you want your work to reach 10’s of millions of gamers around the globe? If yes, you could be the Fullstack Developer we are now looking for to join our Games Technology team in Espoo, Finland.
Our Games Technology team of 70 talented professionals work on projects and services including game development, big data analytics, build and submission tools, audio tech, cloud infrastructure, and our gaming backend as a service Beacon. The team supports tens of millions of players, capturing 4 billion events and over 1TB of data per day.
In this role, you will work closely with our game teams to find great answers to challenges we face building and operating our games. You will work on projects with other members of our highly experienced team of developers and engineers (client, front-end, server, data, machine learning, cloud, QA), product managers and designers.
You will help us with building Rovio’s Beacon service to provide player identity, analytics, personalisation and segmentation, live ops, user acquisition, payments and advertising for all of our games. You can also expect to work on game server infrastructure and microservices.
Your responsibilities as a Full-Stack Developer:
- To architect, implement and maintain cloud services and capabilities for Rovio’s games and studios
- To lead small development projects, coaching other developers working on the project
- To fix your fair share of bugs
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- 3+ years of experience with recent Java development for cloud services and working with NoSQL and SQL database
- Experience developing RESTful services
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of the software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Team player mind-set with good communication skills especially in English and have a can-do attitude
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Linux shell scripting
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with test frameworks and continuous integration systems
- Interest in emerging solutions and technologies, for example, the use of machine learning in gaming
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise in your own time.
- Final round: Technical interview along with a discussion with the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.