Senior Internal Communications Manager ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: November 5, 2020
Rovio’s Comms & PR team drives creative initiatives that expose company products and projects to both internal and external audiences. Most importantly, this work shines the spotlight on the best in class people behind the company’s success. Working with Rovio’s deep bench of talented professionals, the Comms & PR team builds ongoing media coverage while creating engaging content and events to promote Rovio’s thought leadership across multiple disciplines. They also coordinate with internal teams (Marketing, Games, Brand Licensing) to maximize brand messaging consistency in all PR efforts.
Rovio is expanding globally with new studios, teams and nationalities joining the company — 48 at last count! Especially after such a world-changing year, how can a company like Rovio continue ensuring its internal comms reaches everyone, regardless of function or location? That’s just one of many exciting challenges in this newly created role!
The Senior Internal Communications Manager is responsible for the creation/execution of a holistic internal communications program, including the management of key channels, all-company meetings and events, as well as strategic initiatives to evolve employee engagement globally.
While interfacing daily with the PR/Comms and HR teams, the position serves as a communications partner to leaders and management, ensuring a clear and consistent roadmap of executive communication throughout the organisation.
The objective is to play a critical role in fostering a company culture centered around knowledge sharing, transparency, diversity and inclusion. Among other key results, the position will ensure the company’s core mission and values are known and demonstrated throughout the organisation.
To succeed in this role, you are someone with a strong bias for action, executing innovative comms practices that anticipate and respond to future operational change.
- Devise and execute Rovio’s internal communications strategy, by doing so acting as a critical communications partner between PR/Comms, HR and Leadership teams.
- Responsible for the roadmap for internal all-company meetings, events and executive level announcements, acting as lead to ensure timely information flow to all employees, regardless of their function or location.
- Lead on the evaluation of internal communications activities, demonstrating impact and audience engagement via qualitative + quantitative analysis.
- Act as company evangelist for communicating company values and driving change management alongside key stakeholders.
- Support executive level internal announcements and ensure managers are equipped to reinforce key messages shared.
- Drive thought leadership around Rovio employee engagement, designing/executing initiatives and tactics designed to foster knowledge sharing and inclusivity, while ensuring the company’s values and general sense of joy + fun are at the forefront.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Extensive internal communications experience in organizations of over 250 employees.
- Native-level English speaker/writer, able to write short, concise copy as well as talking points and larger communications briefs.
- Proven ability to roll out novel internal communications tactics.
- Experience acting as an internal company spokesperson.
- Track record of providing internal communications consultancy to senior management.
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Up to date understanding of innovations in internal communications practices, particularly new platforms/channels.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of change management theory and practice.
- Effective organizational skills, great negotiating, influencing, and project management skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Excellent context-shifting skills: from strategic to tactical, from one complex matter to another.
- First meeting (virtual): You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Third round (virtual): You will meet another member who works within the team (or closely with the team), with the aim to discuss your exercise as well as the team’s culture and ways of working.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.