SENIOR HR BP
PUBLISHED: January 11, 2018
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
Unity is growing fast! Hiring and retaining the best people is key to our success. Your priority in this role will be to ensure you make it easy for the leaders and employees you support to work for Unity and be a success in their jobs. You will help shape our kick-ass HR environment and be part of an awesome HR team.
Brief description of the role
- Unity is looking for a friendly, credible and self-motivated Senior HR BP to join us in our Helsinki Office.
- You will report into the HR Director for EMEA, who is based in the UK.
- You will be joining a friendly supportive team compromised and you will partner with HR colleagues in the UK, Denmark, Finland and Lithuania as well as, on occasion, engaging with the wider HR Team across the US & APAC.
- You will need to be someone we trust will make it “easy” for our employees to work at Unity and you will understand what it means to support a rapidly growing, global organization with real-time advice and problem solving; thriving in an environment that is entrepreneurial, fun and oriented to achieving great things. Your role is to ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities, maintain open and transparent lines of communication, and at the same time keep our growing EMEA team supported and productive.
- Teamwork is very important to us and the HR Team operate in a supportive and collaborative way; however, you will need to have the confidence and ability to operate as the lead for HR within the Finland.
What will you be doing in this role?
There will be no such thing as an average day in this role, each day is likely to involve some level of operational work, aligned to our global strategic goals, but the b road remit of the role is mainly strategic but it is likely you will mainly bed focused on the following areas:
- Stakeholder management – you will be the go-to person for leaders, managers and employees – so you need to be approachable, knowledgeable, credible and a pleasure to interact with. Someone who seeks to add value at every opportunity.
- Employee Relations – You will support Managers in resolving any employee issues such as, but not limited to: organisational effectiveness and employee communication, performance management, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition.
- Employee Experience & Life-cycle – You will be responsible for the smooth on-boarding and off boarding (and all the HR stuff that happens in-between)
- Talent Management – coach our both managers and employees in ensuring that we are developing and appropriately stretching our team
- Compensation & Benefits – support our managers with compensation planning and partner with our global benefits lead to ensure we offer appropriate and competitive benefits to our employees.
- Training – Work with managers to assess training needs for their team members and organise and support training initiatives in the Helsinki office.
- Projects – take part in EMEA wide and on occasion global HR initiatives and projects
- Recruitment Our Internal Recruitment Team own the sourcing and hiring of talent into Unity however there may be occasions where you need to support and partner with them.
- Employee support – Serve as the Human Resources point of contact for employees concerns.
What do we look for when reviewing applications?
The below are the qualities in people that we will look for when reviewing an application and deciding who we want to talk to – however! here at Unity we don’t put labels or set limits on people and their capabilities, so if you don’t meet all of the criteria yet you still think that you’d be the perfect fit for this role, then we’d love for you to apply and to tell us why we should hire you!
- You will most likely be very approachable, kind, curious, intelligent and Savvy HR professional looking for their next step up in their career. This role has become available due to the current post holder changing roles within Unity and you you will get to meet them as part of the recruitment process.
- You will need to have relevant HR experience- you’ll need a strong background in HR, we would say you would most likely have 5-7 years of progressive experience working as an HR generalist, most likely in a creative technical environment.
- You also need to know your Finnish employment law inside out
- You need to get stuff done and will be able to engage with and enthuse the teams you support with the ability to be able to be juggle tasks to deliver on projects in a timely manner. You are looking for a role combining strategic project work, day-to-day employee relations and some hands-on administrative work (we do have an HR Operations team, but you’ll work with them to ensure we are country compliant)
- You make people feel comfortable and be a natural networker who loves to build relationships, as we need to know our leaders and employees will feel comfortable working with you.
- You will need to be resilient, self motivated and takes pride in getting things done. You will also need to be comfortable in a fast paced environment and due to our global set-up there with some out of office hours working.
- You are confident user of a major HRIS system – we use Workday but if you’ve used others it’s ok we’ll train you
- You will ideally have experience of working in a multi-site (ideally matrix) environment; and within that working with colleagues from many different cultures. Also experience of working within a creative technology or software company is ideal but not essential
- You have great communication skills and will be able to show that you are a good listener and a natural communicator, who is adept at coaching; direct but subtle at all levels, as well as having strong core communication skills such as excellent written and verbal communication skills and Proficiency in google docs, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Finally, we look for someone who likes to have lots of fun, is full of positive energy with a sense of humour who is able to get the job done.
What you also get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry