(Senior) Graphics Programmers REDLYNX / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: December 17, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 19,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a curious and talented
(Senior) Graphics Programmers to join our core technology teams
We have recently kicked off not just one, but two new projects! We are happy to collaborate with another Ubisoft studio to develop a AAA title and we are also developing a brand-new game of our own. These new projects need more hands on deck! Our Graphics Programmers design and implement systems for the rendering engine to help the game development team carry out their visions to the game. You can join us as a senior team member and take full independent responsibility in your area, and create objectives and quality standards for the graphics programming team while mentoring more junior team members. We also have some interesting assignments for intermediate programmers who already have some graphics programming experience.
If quality code is your second name, you have passion for video games and you don’t give up in the face of tricky technical challenges, please reveal yourself! You will have the opportunity to work with Ubisoft’s in-house engines, which are industry-leading tools capable of creating some of the most advanced content ever seen in video games. You will also have a unique possibility to work for a top game publisher and access Ubisoft’s fantastic developer resources and networks. At the same time, you get to enjoy a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio and a superbly skilled team to work with.
Your skills and experience
- Experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- For the Senior position, we expect you to have rendering experience in delivering a high-quality game (preferably PC/Console) from conception to market
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Strong background in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Solid debugging skills including the ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Proactive problem-solving mindset – you reach out to others actively and work closely with other disciplines to solve issues
- Good communication and collaboration skills – you will work together with other programmers, artists and designers
- For the Senior position, we expect you to have a very autonomous and proactive working style and motivation in guiding junior team members
We also appreciate
- Experience from AAA projects
- Understanding the visual aspects of computer graphics (PBR materials, lighting, and animation)
- Experience in multiple graphics APIs
- Studies in Computer Science or other relevant fields
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 10th of January 2021.
Our team is soon heading for well deserved holiday break but we will get back to all the applicants after the holiday season! Meanwhile, go ahead and explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.