(Senior) Graphics Programmer
PUBLISHED: February 12, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a self-driven and talented
(Senior) Graphics Programmer to join our core technology team.
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP and we have also started co-development projects with other Ubisoft studios. These new projects need more hands on deck! As our Graphics Programmer, you will design and implement systems for the rendering engine to help the game development team to carry out their visions to the game. You will have the opportunity to work with Ubisoft’s inhouse engines, which are industry-leading tools capable of creating some of the most advanced content ever seen in video games. Depending on your background and interests, you can join us as a senior member taking full independent responsibility or an intermediate programmer who already has some graphics programming experience.
If quality code is your second name, you have passion for video games and you don’t give up in the face of tricky technical challenges, please reveal yourself! You will have a unique possibility to work for a top game publisher, access Ubisoft’s fantastic resources and networks and work with AAA game titles. At the same time, you get to enjoy a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio and a superbly skilled team to work with.
Our dream candidate
- Has experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
- Has experience writing shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Has strong background in C/C++
- Has strong math skills
- Has solid debugging skills including the ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Is a good communicator who enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists, and designers
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
We also appreciate
- Understanding the visual aspects of computer graphics (PBR materials, lighting and animation)
- Experience in multiple graphics APIs
- Studies in Computer Science or other relevant fields
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on March 8 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!