Senior Generalist / System Programmer MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / remote
PUBLISHED: February 4, 2021
Do you dream of trying something never seen before? Can you imagine mixing the best of AAA, MMO and mobile gaming into a social sandbox, playable on any screen? Would you like to experience of working with true veteran developers in Helsinki and Reykjavík? Here is a chance for you! We are creating a cloud native MMO, a vibrant world with new ways to engage and connect with our friends. It is the game development journey of a lifetime.
Now we are looking for a System programmer to our extremely competent and of course adventurous team with the best back-up there is. If you got interested, please read further!
Your mission as Senior System Programmer is to design, implement, optimize, and maintain complex systems needed for a next gen cloud native MMO. All this as a part of a world class team of game developers. Working closely with game designers and gameplay and backend engineers.
- Designing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining complex systems needed for a cloud native MMO.
- Integrating and maintaining platforms, plugins & tools, for example game streaming platforms, voice/chat frameworks and our custom in-house systems & tools.
- Programming in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with maintenance, modularity, scalability, performance, and compatibility requirements.
- Working closely with game designers and gameplay and backend engineers in elaborating a system design that combines game design goals with technological considerations and limitations.
What we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience developing, optimizing, and maintaining complex systems in C++.
- You are enthusiastic about next generation projects and cutting-edge technologies.
- You enjoy jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks.
- You have experience with multi-user online gameplay or experience of a similar environment.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy. We have offices in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Both our offices are centrally located, and we offer you top of the line work conditions.
Do you see yourself in this position? If you say yes, please get in touch with us asap. To apply, please mail your application to arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi no later than Monday, the 15th of February 2021.
Wanna learn more? Check these interviews: