(Senior) Gameplay Programmer REDLYNX / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: November 19, 2021
Are you a game developer with a talent for coming up with innovative ideas and improvements on the fly? Do you know what to expect when a prototyping team grows towards building a world-class game? This might be an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
We are now looking for a
(Senior) Gameplay Programmer
We have recently kick-started a new project and your role as our Gameplay Programmer would be to drive, challenge and turn creative ideas into comfortable and fun gameplay features. We offer you an opportunity to join a compact team of game developers to deliver a top-tier game with a new IP!
There is an opportunity to grow in the role to lead technical architecture and programming teams if that matches your career aspirations. The first year will be spent on hands-on programming work and we value a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
The team has created the initial game idea and is now entering an exciting period of rapid prototyping. We would also like to mention that we work in a hybrid model, enjoying the flexibility of both off- and onsite work. If you are living outside Finland, we might be able to explore the possibility of full remote work.
- Implement practical and swift solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements
- Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and considers the technical constraints of the system
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning your own work
- Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as needed
- Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists
Your skills and experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object-oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind
- Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test-Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Good understanding of gameplay technology and you can use your technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features and believable behaviors.
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills – when the team grows you can coach and mentor more junior members
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
We also appreciate
- Experience in developing gameplay features of online multiplayer games
- In-depth understanding of how gameplay features work over the network
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 5th of December but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.