Senior Gameplay Designer
PUBLISHED: January 23, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Senior Gameplay Designer for our unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our Senior Gameplay Designer in this project, you will be responsible for the heart of the game experience – how it plays. As a part of the design team, you work on the mechanics of the game defining the game’s structure. You will create engaging multiplayer gameplay and manage the game’s engagement and tension. Your highest priority is that our players are immersed and engaged and the game is accessible to all kinds of players.
We are looking for a player-focused designer who lives and breathes the world of games and takes strong ownership of their work. You enjoy collaborating with the rest of the development team, and you have the stamina to keep iterating different ideas and testing them. Most of all, you understand that great games are based on smooth and engaging core gameplay.
We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans developing your expertise even further. We have big ambitions to introduce something groundbreaking in building long-term player engagement. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in an agile studio with creative freedom.
- Perfect the game’s 3Cs (Character, Camera and Controls)
- Create engaging second to second gameplay
- Iterate on the core mechanics based on feedback and propose new innovative design mechanics
- Work closely with the gameplay programming team, prototyping and implementing features with gameplay first mentality
- Collaborate with project leads (such as the Creative Director, Art Director, and Producer)
Our dream candidate
- Has strong previous experience in PC/Console game design – with a substantial focus on gameplay
- Takes ownership of their work and is proactive in planning and executing tasks
- Is a true team player and works constructively and collaboratively with others
- Fosters teamwork and is happy to discuss ideas in groups
We also appreciate
- Knowledge about accessibility
- UX mindset
- Candidates who are enthusiastic PC/Console gamers and have a lot of experience playing multiplayer games
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on February 9 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you