Senior Gameplay Animator
PUBLISHED: March 7, 2019
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Espoo
- Create high quality industry leading animation content, primarily characters, with a flair and drive to animate everything that moves.
- Successfully collaborate with Programmers and Designers to enable fast prototyping workflow, secure animation quality and make sure that design guidelines are met as agreed.
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
- Integrate animations into the proprietary engine while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- You will ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- +5 years of experience working on AAA titles.
- Solid skills in key frame animation (great sense of weight, timing and strong posing)
- Experience with MotionBuilder and mocap data editing techniques for games.
- Hands on experience working with state machine/blend tree solutions (knowledge of motion matching is a bonus).
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.