Senior Game UX Designer (Match Studio)
PUBLISHED: July 3, 2017
Passion for games and creating great player experiences, join us as a Senior Game UX Designer!
Rovio’s Match Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful Angry Birds Pop, Fruit Nibblers and newly launched and soaring Angry Birds Blast. In the studio we’re looking for the most talented and ambitious yet humble game development professionals on the planet to build the next big thing. We’re a flat organization where you’ll find openness, candid feedback and a shared ambition to succeed to be at the very core of our DNA as a studio. True to the Nordic culture we pride ourselves in real life/work balance and strongly support personal growth and hunger for learning.
A successful Game UX Designer at Rovio is by definition an innovative thinker, a driven craft lead, and a skilled advocate for the player – all simultaneously. Our designers leverage strong internal connections to design, create, and orchestrate truly engaging player experiences. You will work with game teams and other stakeholders through research, game UX strategy development, conceptualizing, product definition, and cohesive design. You take pride in making our games feel deep and rewarding but not complex.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design, conceptualize, and create player-centric solutions across the entire product lifecycle for social puzzle games
- Work closely with lean, cross-functional teams
- Take full ownership of your design work, and have responsibility for all the details along the way. You are responsible for the UX design in all of our studio’s games
- Produce concepts, wireframes and prototypes, test them with our player insight team
- Coach game teams on the best player experience practices, review games, create guidelines and design bibles to ensure consistent flows and design solutions across multiple games
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- 6+ years of experience designing game-changing digital experiences, game industry experience is a strong plus (your background can also be in game design with strong focus on UX)
- A desire to create the best design & player experiences the game industry has seen
- Comprehensive understanding of applying the methodologies of user-centric design and research to solve complex business problems
- Demonstrated track record in creating innovative and engaging products, with proven skills in mentoring, presenting, inter-team partnership and effective communication
- Ability to drive UX design through each stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off
- Ability to review games from player experience perspective and give constructive feedback to game teams to help to refine the best possible user experience.
- Risk taking in design, pushing past the obvious, and making something players will love
- Good understanding of mobile platforms
- Having experience with F2P games both as a designer and a player, you follow closely what is happening in the market, and are able to distill the best ideas to your own work
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to fun new products, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!