(Senior) Game Server Developer
PUBLISHED: October 6, 2017
We are currently looking for a skilled Game Server Developer to join our cloud engineering and operations team in Games Technology unit in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio Games Technology is a team of more than 40 professionals working on Beacon, our awesome cloud platform. Beacon provides Rovio’s games developers the means to bring their games to life every day.
What you’ll take under your wings
The Beacon platform brings Rovio’s games to life with cloud-based experiences e.g. game discovery, in-game content, scheduled events and promotions. Overall, we serve hundreds of millions of players and hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, responding to thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe.
As a Game Serve Developer you play a key role in developing these services to support Rovio’s games business. You will be working alongside other highly skilled developers and engineers, and closely with our game developers and producers.
Ideally you have these feathers in your cap
- 3+ years of recent Java development
- 3+ experience developing RESTful services
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience in cloud technologies and orchestration (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Wide understanding of both software and platform architectures and components used to build them
- Practical experience working in Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Passion to work in all parts of software development lifecycle from planning to testing, documentation and deployment
- Excellent team working skills and passion to grow and learn
- MSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education
Nice to haves
- .Net development experience
- Game server and/or game services development and operation
- CI / CD experience (TeamCity / Jenkins)
- Configuration management and orchestration (puppet / ansible / terraform)
What you get when you join us
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your targets
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. And we do have fun together!
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Competitive benefits such as extended health care insurance, lunch and sport vouchers, a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, breakfast, gaming area, gym and sauna. And all the fruit you can eat!
Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today! Remember to include a CV and cover letter.