Senior Game Programmer (Match Studio)
PUBLISHED: July 3, 2017
We are looking for some kick-ass game programmers!
Rovio’s Match Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful Angry Birds Pop, Fruit Nibblers and newly launched and soaring Angry Birds Blast. In the studio we’re looking for the most talented and ambitious yet humble game development professionals on the planet to build the next big thing. We’re a flat organization where you’ll find openness, candid feedback and a shared ambition to succeed to be at the very core of our DNA as a studio. True to the Nordic culture we pride ourselves in real life/work balance and strongly support personal growth and hunger for learning.
Join us as a Senior Game Programmer as we start our quest in developing the next groundbreaking F2P hit in Rovio’s Match Studio in Espoo, Finland.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Participate in designing game architectures for social puzzle games
- Design, implement and test game client features
- Work together with server developers to ensure seamless integration with backends
- Optimize games to run beautifully on mobile platforms
- Integrate third party SDKs and services to game clients
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Minimum 8 years of programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies, min. 2-3 years as team lead
- Proven game development background preferably on commercial projects
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C# and preferably also C++.
- Broad knowledge of game architectures and technologies (rendering, physics, AI, networking, backends)
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do, and we have an environment that supports that.
If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to fun new products, and expose your work to a huge global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more.
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!