Senior Game Programmer
PUBLISHED: December 19, 2017
CRITICAL FORCE, Kajaani
Based in Northern Finland, Critical Force strives to become the global market leader in online competitive shooter games for mobile platforms. Pushing the limits on what has been done on mobile devices, our games have already reached millions of players — and with an ever expanding market, the sky is the limit. From our interns to our senior developers, we all share a passion for our creations and pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
Your job will be to take responsibility for the development and technical aspects of Critical Ops and potentially other projects, and making sure they will reach their full potential. You will be also acting as a mentor for less experienced developers and help to improve their skills.
- Taking initiative in translating designers’ and artists’ visions into technical implementations of large game systems and features
- Deciding on the use of external cross-platform libraries or creating custom ones
- Optimizing games to take full advantage of the target platforms
- Solving common problems in game architecture and development environment
- Managing the codebase and keeping it clean
- Leading, guiding and inspiring other programmers
- 2+ years of work experience with Unity
- 5+ years of programming work experience
- Experience with cross-platform and mobile game development
- Knowledge of technical architecture of games, code design and programming principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in development environments of large scale projects, automation, asset pipelines
- Understanding of 3D graphics pipelines and Android & iOS hardware limitations
- Experience with game networking, backend communications and security
What we offer
- A fast moving environment driven by people with passion for games
- Competitive salary, lunch benefit, activity/sports benefit, health and travel insurance
- Great work-life balance, autonomous teams
Please apply at: email@example.com by sending your resume, cover letter and any portfolio you might have. The Position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.