Senior Game Economy Designer
PUBLISHED: August 26, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 16,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a self-driven and experienced
Senior Game Economy Designer for our new unannounced project
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP. As our Senior Game Economy Designer in this project, you will be responsible for managing all economic aspects of the game design (in-game economy, progression, reward, and motivation). You will control the virtual economy and design game features that engage players in the long term and provide monetization opportunities. You will report to our Lead Game Designer.
You will join a recently founded team of senior game developers working on a new project in the world’s third-biggest game publisher. We have big ambitions to introduce something groundbreaking in building long term player engagement. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in an agile studio with creative freedom.
- Design, prototype, and balance a progression system and metagame to drive player engagement
- Model, tune and manage the game’s economy (rewards, features) and balancing
- Understand the player’s key motivation levers (progression, reward, social)
- Ensure flexible systems and data structure to allow for iteration, refinement and data analysis
- Define the virtual products (relation, life cycle, streams of availability)
Our dream candidate
- Has solid experience in game design, with a specialization metagame and economy design
- Has extensive experience in F2P game design
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience with online games and GaaS
- Loves Excel!
- Has strong analytical skills and works systematically
- Takes ownership of the whole project and is proactive in planning and executing their work
- Is a true team player and works constructively and collaboratively with others
- Fosters teamwork and is happy to discuss ideas in groups
We also appreciate
- Experience of developing console titles
- Experience of developing multiplayer games
- An awesome project with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 9th of September, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!