Senior Game Economy Designer SOCIAL FIRST / Helsinki, Finland (Hybrid)
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2022
We are a veteran team with years of experience in building cross-platform social MMO games together and in different companies. We promote healthy work-life balance, safe and inclusive culture, professional development, transparent communication and low hierarchy. We are remote-first and based in Helsinki, Finland – The gaming capital of the world.
At Social First, our ambition is to create cross-platform, social multiplayer & MMO games that will keep players and their friends engaged for years to come. We believe that focusing on the social interactions within games and having high accessibility regardless of the players’ favourite devices are key in creating meaningful, shared gameplay experiences.
We are currently looking for an Economy Designer with expertise in designing in-game economy and monetization to join our growing studio. In this role, you will be responsible for design of all things related to the games’ economy, including in-game purchasing, item pricing, balancing and related sales. In addition, you will collaborate in creating and balancing ingame stats like player character and enemy stats, items etc. This is an exciting opportunity to create an economic system that will be enjoyed by players and their friends for years to come. You will be able to expand your design skills across different platforms.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Great learning opportunities as a part of the early team
- Six weeks of annual paid vacation from the start
- Relocation assistance
- Remote-first hybrid model with a physical office in Helsinki, Finland
- Create and manage the game economy
- Balance and optimise game monetization
- Define and maintain ingame stats
- Collaborate with Head of Design and game design on other in-game balancing
- Cooperate in maintaining the GDD
- 3+ years track record as an Economy Designer on multiplayer or MMO games
- Expertise in creating game economy and monetization
- Experience in creating various ingame stats and balancing them
- Experience in working in a design team
- Solid understanding of game analytics
- Great Excel/Google Sheets skills
Extra points for experience in:
- Cross-platform or PC/Console games
- Creating top-down or third person games
- Game meta design and UX
- MMO, sandbox, metaverse or other highly social games
Interested? Please hit Apply and let’s start charting our journey together!