Senior Game Developer DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: March 11, 2022
Are you a passionate and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Unity Developer to join our skilled and highly effective team in Helsinki, Finland.
This is an exciting next step for an experienced game developer who is ready to tackle fun and interesting player facing challenges. You will play an integral role in creating a ground breaking social MMO whilst solving complex problems and working on real time multiplayer gameplay. You will have a wide array of engaging tasks, from prototyping experimental features to writing long living maintainable game code and much more.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment and being a great team collaborator is second nature to you, let’s connect!
- Develop high-quality and testable Unity C# code and architecture
- Utilize Unity to provide amazing gameplay experience to players
- Evaluate and implement up-and-coming technologies such as Unity D.O.T.S.
- Work closely with the team on the development roadmap
- Create and maintain coding standards, code reviews and performance benchmarks
- Create internal tools and templates for artists and designers to work efficiently
- Distribute and share knowledge in an inclusive manner
- 7+ years of Unity and C# experience from a game company or related field
- Self-driven team player who works towards a common goal
- Experience leading technical and/or game development teams
- Eagerness to deliver engaging game experiences to global audience
- Shipped titles on major development platforms (AppStore, Google Play, Steam)
- Have code reviews and version control as a natural part of the development cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Stays on top of the latest developments in the field
- Enthusiastic about real-time multiplayer and MMO technologies
- Native mobile (c++/objc/swift/java/kotlin) experience
- Experience with CI-/CD-pipelines and modern automatization tools
- Backend, functional programming and algorithm development experience
- Knowledge of AWS fundamentals
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Fair compensation & benefits
- We offer the opportunity to work fully remote or in our Helsinki based office or a mixture of the two
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!