Senior Game Developer
PUBLISHED: June 26, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Developer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Our vision is to build puzzle games that are easy and fun to play but also provide deep meta-game with social elements that keeps them fresh and interesting to play for years.
Join us to develop new groundbreaking F2P hits and keep improving our already world class puzzle games!
- Coordinate the work of other developers in a social puzzle game
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Provide mentorship and support for less experienced developers
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimize the games to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game features
Who we think will do great in this role:
- Minimum 8 years of commercial game programming experience with 2+ years in a programming team lead role
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- Analytical problem solving skills
Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today!