Senior Game Designer NORTHERN STARS STUDIO / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: January 5, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our new studio in Helsinki. With deep understandings of the mobile core gameplay design and proven experiences on mobile game products, the Senior Game Designer is uniquely qualified to understand the fundaments of the core gameplay designs and methodologies how to deliver fun and exciting game designs that drive successful F2P mobile game product. As a part of a game team and in close cooperation with game designers and other disciplines, you will work with the world class development team in Helsinki.
- Lead core gameplay and feature designs for the new F2P mobile product
- Provide the directions, specifications, implementation details to the team
- Deliver the top quality F2P mobile core game designs and gameplay features
- Responsible for the players’ core emotions and manage the gameplay expectation – fun & excitement, and deliver the execution plan and designed features
- Hands-on game feature prototyping and manage all the implementation into the tools and in charge of numbers & balance for the designer stats
- Influence the craftsmanship and mindset to the team and the studio and work with Creative Director to plan how to keep the creative innovation every day
- Be the main facilitator of the core gameplay and deliver the core fun to the game
- Be participated in the design team building
You will lead the major design scope of the core gameplay and responsible for delivering the fun and exciting experience to the target audience and make them happy to continue playing the game product indefinitely.
What We’re Looking For
- Has been delivered very successful mobile F2P game products
- Exceptionally talented and capable of delivering the core gameplay
- Experience in developing and maintaining F2P mobile game service
- Hands on capability on design implementations and highly motivated by delivering the outcome based on the product goal
- Good knowledge to work on agile/scrum development methodology
- Highly proactive on driving the game design missions and goals
- A person who is enthusiastic about developing games
- Solid leadership to encourage the team & colleagues.
What would be nice to have
- Good at technical design implementation
- Strong skills in C# scripting
- Problem solving skill
Why this will be the best opportunity for you
You will be working at Northern Stars, Pixel United studio where you will have:
- Unique opportunity – New studio and new products, be a part of the new journey
- Independence and autonomy for you to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits.
- Untapped potential genre, serve and delight 100 million+ audiences
- Work with world-class talents who have been running $400M+ product business
- Backed by top 5 mobile game publisher, Pixel United
We believe the best people make the best team, and the best team creates the best game product. We are looking for exactly those people who will carry the missions toward the goals together. We aim to create mobile game products that millions of our audience will enjoy for years and we want to fulfil their motivations and unfulfilled needs.
We believe we have a strong vision, missions, identity that will deliver the greatest value to the audiences and we hire only the most hungry and passionate talents to carry the goals together. We are fully backed with the support and trust to achieve the biggest success.