Senior Game Designer / Team Manager (Slingshot Studio)
PUBLISHED: November 9, 2017
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our talented Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Slingshot Studio is the place where wildly successful games such as Angry Birds and Angry Birds Friends are hatched. Our games have been downloaded billions of times, and are played by millions of highly engaged players worldwide. As we develop the next big Angry Birds game to take the world by storm, we seek to build and inspire talented teams to craft the best games for our players.
In addition to being a hands on Lead in one of our main projects, you will be managing a small team of designers in the Studio. For that, you will need some mixture of experience, aptitude and passion in four key areas:
You have vision. We need someone who is able to concisely form and articulate game concepts with balanced persistence and analyze and ideated mechanics with equal and opposite force; you are fluent in number of casual and mid-core game systems and mechanics but have critical thinking to know when to improvise and come up with something new.
You are curious. You absorb new knowledge every day, and relish new challenges as learning opportunities. You constantly form models and perspectives around all things, and are eager to test them on example cases.
You are to the point. Your verbal and written communications are crisp and clear; your best work comes from a place of collaboration and teamwork, and you know that quality results come from sharing your work and perspective with others throughout the design process. We expect you to have strong opinions, but always to engage in a reasonable discussion about them.
You want to coach and elevate your team. You get joy out of bringing out the best in people and seeing them grow and become even better. You frequently help co-workers focus on the right things, mentor others in design, and push products in order to avoid mistakes and find opportunities. We want someone who wants to develop and grow as a big part of a great, diverse team and help create a fantastic culture that makes amazing mobile F2P games.
You’ll fit in our flock if you have:
- Previous commercial success with mobile F2P games
- Experience in creating and leading game concepts
- Strong F2P game design as well as system design skills
- Skills and passion to lead other designers
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Proven ability to seek or demonstrate clear decision making
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 5+ years commercial experience working on games for mobile platforms
- Experience working on games in Unity
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and apply new skills
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
- Enjoy spreading and fostering the creation of knowledge
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Collaborative and consensus driven approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world, and expose your work to a global audience.
Slingshot your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!