Senior Game Designer, Systems
PUBLISHED: February 17, 2020
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
Next Games is proud to have a history of collaboration with some of the world’s biggest media properties, such as AMC’s The Walking Dead and Netflix’s Stranger Things. The fans of these properties are men and women, boys and girls of all ages; dedicated core gamers and people with only a little history playing games. At Next Games, we seek to delight and entertain players of all kinds. We do this by creating games that expand the worlds of the most beloved media and entertainment properties of our day.
As a Senior Designer of these games, you will immerse yourself in the source material, learn why fans love these properties, their player motivations & audience profiles and distill that essence into interactions, gameplay systems, and play patterns that those fans can make a part of their free-time routines.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Plan and implement game mechanics, systems and content, and use live game metrics and user experience testing to tune these features
- Work with experienced colleagues on economy design, user experience, and other disciplines to improve the performance of the game along several key performance indicators
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including gameplay mechanics, guidelines, UI flows, game loops and player progression
- Work with the Executive Producer and experience colleagues in the product team to define and drive the design of the game: the mechanics, story, missions, and more
- Develop concepts and prototypes, participate in the planning and analysis of tests
Your experience and skills include:
- You have worked on multiple completed game projects, and shipped one or more free-to-play titles in a Design role.
- Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Understanding of player motivations and audience profiles and ability to match these with mechanics and systems
- Proven track record of professional game design
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile, iterative manner with the game team
- Experience in designing cooperative or competitive social game mechanics in a mobile game is a big plus
- User interface and user experience design experience a plus
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable modelling systems on a spreadsheet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – guide us in our efforts, so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high here at Next Games and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority.
We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a diverse bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, but first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.