(Senior) Game Designer
PUBLISHED: June 30, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland/Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a (Senior) Game Designer for a key role working on their next project.
If you like the idea of working on a AAA 1st-person shooter, taking ownership of multiple game systems, driving them through concept to final implementation in production levels and being responsible for their final quality in the hands of our passionate players, then this job is for you!
- Take ownership of multiple game systems and drive them to final quality.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer and Level Team to ensure your systems are used effectively to create beautiful and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team to provide visceral feedback that brings your features to life.
- Pro-actively iterate on individual levels, adding that final bit of polish that makes an encounter feel exceptional.
- Be an evangelist for the Design Team by helping to share the core vision of the project with the rest of the team.
- Demonstrate your experience by working with the Lead Technical Designer to improve design workflows and practices.
- Encourage and mentor junior members of the Design Team.
- Demonstrable previous work as a Senior Game Designer on core gameplay systems for 1st person/3rd person action games.
- Experience taking at least one (preferably multiple) core features from concept to release.
- Knowledge and experience working with next-generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors).
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic.
- Ability to take criticism from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft.
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment.
- Passion for creating compelling narrative experiences.
- Background in either films or creative writing.
- Prototyping experience (e.g. Unreal/Unity).
So what’s in it for you then?
We offer you a chance to do something new and unique. Working as a member of our talented and experienced team with our world-class game technology means you have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a sane work-life balance, and we’re committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required. Should you be moving from abroad we are there for you every step of the way.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
Apply latest on 31.7.2017. All the application will be reviewed in August.