Senior Game Designer
PUBLISHED: April 30, 2020
ROVIO, Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Designer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Our vision is to reinvent the puzzle category with games where time-to-fun is our North Star Metric, while deep, immersive meta-game and social gameplay turn them into hobbies lasting for years.
You are able to create game concepts that combine casual approachability of puzzle games with depth and social dynamics of mid-core games. You are fluent in a number of casual and mid-core social-game systems and mechanics and from insights into our audience you are able to craft deep emotional experiences in games so that players think about them even when they are not playing.
You share our passion to take the casual social gaming to the next level by providing deeper gameplay experiences, and for that you want to understand human psychology and social dynamics to really tick players’ intrinsic social motivations and needs.
- Share our vision of re-inventing casual puzzle games
- Create and lead the execution of game concepts that achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Continuously learn and keep improving with ambitious and like-minded gaming professionals
Who we think would do great in this role has:
- 7+ years of commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, preferably both from operating a live game as well as developing a game from scratch
- Experience in creating strong game concepts and leading their execution
- Strong social game design skills, understanding the dynamics of competition and collaboration.
- Experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems and economies
- Skills and passion to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and adapt and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
We’d love you to have some of these:
- Match-3 experience
- Creative writing experience
- CCG/Strategy/RPG design experience
Don’t keep us waiting but send your application already today! Looking forward to hearing from you!