Senior Game Designer
PUBLISHED: November 26, 2019
FUTUREPLAY GAMES, Helsinki
Want to work in the hottest game startup in Helsinki and ship multiple games a year? Is developing games your passion? Join Futureplay, we are looking for you!
As a Senior Game Designer, your task is to create the next best, engaging, fun and innovative Futureplay games while working with an experienced team of programmers, artists and analysts.
You’ll be responsible for leading the design all the way from the concept stage to a live product, from core and meta-systems to monetization and economy balance, making sure the team is up to speed with the vision you clearly communicate through verbal, written and visual materials while driving the Futureplay mentality of game making from start to finish.
We admire a deep Unity hands-on approach. You’ll be responsible for creating the project structures and managing complex UI and system hierarchies.
- 5+ years of game design experience
- At least 1 shipped free-to-play game
- Deep hands-on experience with Unity
- Understanding the metrics and mechanics of free-to-play games
- Understanding math and balance regarding in-game economies
- Prototyping experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Great teamwork skills
- Scripting and programming skills
- Photoshop magic
- Deep understanding of social systems in games
What we offer:
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the most creative gaming startups
- Competitive compensation and perks
- Great working conditions in an exciting, agile environment
- Space to grow and learn
- Flat hierarchy with a “no bullshit” culture
- Work in one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
To apply, please go to http://www.futureplaygames.com/ (or click the Apply Now! link below). Please note that due to GDPR reasons we only accept applications sent via our recruitment system.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish gaming veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world.
In the short years since we have released five titles that have been played by over 80 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 30 people.
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes Idle Farming Empire, Idle City Empire, Idle Crafting Empire and Idle Tuber Empire – and most recently, Battlelands Royale.
We’re a streamlined, lean organisation with a truly flat structure and a team that lives by only one rule: No bullshit. Everything else follows.