Senior Game Designer
PUBLISHED: May 8, 2019
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
Where others see a mousetrap, you see a piece of cheese and an interesting challenge. As a Senior Game Designer, you pride yourself on creating the systems and rules that govern the playing experience, and are adept at explaining your concepts to a dynamic development team. You live and breathe free-to-play games with strong social elements and want to take the market forward with leading designs.
For the right candidate, this is a unique opportunity to build original games and concepts on world-class IPs such as The Walking Dead: Our World and Blade Runner.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Work with the Executive Producer and Product Manager to define and drive the design of a game: The mechanics, story, missions, monetization and more. You will work especially on systems design, economies, and game loops.
- Map out how the viewer fantasy of world-class IPs translates into the mechanics that drive the player fantasy of our future game titles
- Plan and implement the game economy and gameplay, and tune it with live game metrics and user experience testing.
- Plan and implement new events, collectibles, challenges, and features in the game.
- Develop and maintain design documentation including gameplay mechanics, guidelines, UI flows, game loops, and player progression.
- Develop new game concepts and prototypes.
Your experience and skills include:
- You are a strong systems designer, fluent in using spreadsheets to implement and balance game economies.
- You are a free-to-play enthusiast with a proven track record of mobile F2P design.
- You understand F2P live ops, and know how to design games that empower live teams.
- Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile, iterative manner with the game team.
- Social mechanics design experience is a big plus.
- UI / UX design experience a plus.
Here at Next Games we are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
We aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and with IPs both original and world-famous.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible and we’ll be in touch once your information is reviewed.