Senior Game Designer
PUBLISHED: April 12, 2019
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Game Designer to join our fast-paced mobile game studio in Helsinki, Finland.
At Lightneer we produce dozens of original hyper-casual game ideas and develop best to market in just a handful of weeks. You as a designer are able to create and evaluate concepts and ideas quickly, and have a passion for clear core gameplay and design.
You take responsibility for the vision and game development, create plan and product backlog and communicate with teams and other stakeholders. You understand key mobile KPIs and have experience in data-driven decision making. You have knowledge in different monetisation methods such ads and IAPs.
As a key member of our world-class team, you will have the opportunity to make your mark on new fun mobile games played worldwide. You get to work in a dynamic, fun, creative, agile and collaborative environment.
Who we are looking for
Responsibilities & Main tasks:
- Ideate new innovative hyper-casual game concepts
- Create solid game design plans and user flows & wireframes
- Plan and lead the execution of game projects from early concepts to global launch
- Work closely with product teams to solve gameplay and design related challenges
- Plan data tracking events and use in-game data to make decisions and improve our games
- Do constant market research on finding latest mobile game trends
- Continuously improve and share learnings with product teams
- Be the seal of quality of our games
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 4+ years experience working on mobile games, preferably both developing a game from scratch as well as from operating a live game
- Experience in creating game concepts and leading their execution
- A passion for making simple and user-centric mobile game design
- Skills to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- Genuine interest in hyper-casual games
- Belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
- Can-do attitude, ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and constantly prioritize workload to meet shifting demands and deadlines
- Understanding of mobile game monetization
- Good knowledge of mobile UX/UI
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills in English
- Can multitask, prioritize and supervise multiple ongoing game projects
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills
Additional as a plus:
- Experience in creating and managing balanced game systems and economies
- Experience on designing and running LiveOps
- Experience in Unity environment
- Experience in animation
- Experience in ad networks and mediation
- A chance to work on a variety of mobile game projects and to realize your own ideas
- Amazing colleagues, programmers, designers, artists, marketeers and more to work and get inspired with
- Opportunity to learn, grow and expand your knowledge within the mobile games industry
- Competitive compensation with option program, extensive healthcare, extended holiday policy, lunch and phone benefit etc.
- Company events, game room and cosy kitchen with free fruits, drinks and snacks!
- Inspiring office environment in the heart of Helsinki, FINLAND
Become part of Lightneer team by applying now!
We are Game Scientists at Lightneer! We created a unique GameLab, a multidisciplinary and systematic approach to mobile games development, that allows our world-class team to take best game concepts to market in just a handful of weeks. The next hit game is on its way!
We give our multicultural team of entrepreneurs, innovators, creators, engineers and marketeers the freedom, tools and support to create fun amazing mobile games and make a difference. Everyone in the company gets involved and we celebrate both success and failure, because failure means learning for us. We are one family with no egos or bullsh*t talk.
Our values – Creativity, Excellence, Honesty, Responsibility and Having Fun – drive the company culture.
More information, contact: