Senior Game Backend Developer (Battle Studio)
PUBLISHED: May 5, 2017
Do you have a passion for solving the technical challenges of real-time PvP games? Do you love building and improving scalable backend systems? Are you thrilled by competitive games? Are you eager to join an ambitious team creating the next leading real-time PVP game on mobile from the get-go? Within Battle Studio we are creating cutting-edge mid-core games and establishing new IPs. Come get inspired and be part of creating something fresh! Excitement is brewing as the team prepares to tackle ambitious goals. Feel inspired by the opportunity and freedom of getting involved at the game’s genesis.
Join us as we start our quest in developing the next groundbreaking F2P hit in Rovio’s Battle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Design game server architectures.
- Design, implement and test game backend functionality.
- Create and maintain the game server cloud infrastructures.
- Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well.
- Integrate other cloud services to game servers.
- Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols.
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts.
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists.
We’d love it if you have these feathers in your cap:
- Minimum 5 years of server programming experience leading to mastery of relevant skills and technologies.
- Broad knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, especially AWS.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong programming skills using C++ and C#.
- Proven game server development background preferably on commercial projects.
- Understanding of game architectures and technologies (especially real-time and asynchronous PvP).
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations.
- Analytical problem solving.
- Experience with any additional programming languages.
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player.
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled coworkers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Slingshot your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!