Senior Game Artist SERIOUSLY / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: December 27, 2021
Did you know that Seriously is Finland’s 4th biggest games company in terms of revenue? Or that our game, Best Fiends, has been played more than Game of Thrones has been watched? Best Fiends has become a worldwide phenomenon with over 125 million downloads and around 1.2 million daily players. The game universe has expanded to include thousands of levels, hundreds of Fiends, a growing library of animated shorts, a variety of original content, a dedicated community of millions, and much, much more. Together with Playtika, we’re working towards being the biggest casual mobile games company in the West.
We are looking for a Senior Game Artist to join our team at Seriously (Helsinki office). As a Senior Game Artist, you will be working as part of a tightly focused team, carrying a comprehensive responsibility of a wide variety of 2D game art. We hope you are good at creating high-caliber game art for casual mobile games, and passionate about pushing the limits on game visuals, building fun, and playful games.
What does the ride include?
- Creating entire features and events from concept to live product together with the team
- Creating UI for new features, reskinning old events and UI work, painting backgrounds, and other game visuals
- Being responsible for keeping art assets organized and structured
- Updating the live game on a monthly basis
What does it take to sign up?
- As a Senior, we hope you have extensive experience in 2D game art, and a wide skill set from UI design to painting backgrounds, implementing the graphics in Unity, and animating the transitions
- Previous experience in casual mobile game development
- Good organizational skills (naming conventions, atlases, optimization, etc.)
- The capability of producing high-quality game art comprehensively through its various stages and with fast turnaround times. Also, working with existing concepts and turning them into final art assets
- Experience in coaching and sharing your competence with other Artists
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
With us, you get to show your handprint to millions of players and get to be part of an awesome art team of 13 super talented Artists. We arrange various activities with the team, such as Artist dinners and biweekly casual get-togethers (aka Art Therapy). We learn and grow together. As a company, we are a steady working environment that loves transparency trusts each other, and gives everyone control and responsibility for their work. We dare to say that we are one of the most successful gaming companies in Finland so with us you surely are working with the best on the field! Not to mention that we have free apples in the kitchen!
We kindly ask You to send your application, and introduce yourself as soon as possible, as we’ll fill the position as soon as we’ve found the right person. We can’t wait to see your creations/portfolio! 😉
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict, and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.