Senior Game Artist
PUBLISHED: October 22, 2018
Veikkaus is a Finnish-owned gaming company. We generate over a billion euros annually for the common good. Our games are played by almost all adult Finns, and we have more than two million loyal customers. We want our games to be played safely and in moderation.
We employ almost 2,000 professionals from a range of different fields. In our ranks, we have developers of hit games, digital and data wizards, and ICT sector top specialists. You’ll encounter our customer service experts in our phone and chat services, as well as nationwide throughout our Pelaamo and Feel Vegas gaming locales, restaurant table games, and Finland’s only casino in Helsinki.
Would you like to join our dedicated team of tightly-knit group of professionals in Finland’s oldest game studio?
Veikkaus has a compact yet versatile Game Studio of 45 dedicated game development professionals who are passionate about the games we make and conscious of the social aspects of our work.
Since we don’t do crunch or overtime and are in no risk of running out of work, we need more friends to work with. Thus, we would very much like to add a visual generalist (or, you know, a talented individual that has skills we need) to our ranks.
We are looking for a talented person with a great attitude to fit in the ranks of our ever-growing game studio. You will be part of a small team where you – along with other artists, programmers and a producer – work together to design and create games with great visuals, animations, effects and feel. We are not filling a specific position, we are looking for a talented artist. The position will be tailored to your specific skillset.
Our offices are located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki. The position is full-time with on-site teamwork and requires the candidate to relocate to Helsinki, Finland.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller game studio
- Self-driven teams. We believe that autonomous teams make the best games!
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly “competence development days” that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
- Very competitive salary
Your responsibilities will be:
- Together with your team define and design game’s visual look and mechanics within given specifications.
- Creating needed art assets within agreed upon artistic style and guidelines. You and your team will be responsible for producing all needed assets.
- Ownership in the scheduling and meeting of deadlines, both daily and project-wide.
- Communicating and co-operation with producers and the rest of your team in turning your ideas into brilliant games.
- 4+ years of professional game art experience
- Excellent skills in making digital art (2D, 3D or even both)
- Excellent eye for visuals
- Good understanding of art production methods and pipelines
- Understanding game production from start to finish
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Basic animation skills
We consider these a plus:
- Traditional art background
- Excellent animation skills
- Experience in creating visual effects
- Familiar with scripts/code
- Previous experience with Spine
- An eye for game design
- Passion for games
We cannot wait to meet you!
Due to the nature of Veikkaus as a company we will perform a security clearance check to the person selected to the position.