Senior Game Artist (Match Studio)
PUBLISHED: June 29, 2017
Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for a Senior Game Artist (2D/3D) to join our successful Match Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Match Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful Angry Birds Pop, Fruit Nibblers and newly launched and soaring Angry Birds Blast. In the studio we’re looking for the most talented and ambitious yet humble game development professionals on the planet to build the next big thing. We’re a flat organization where you’ll find openness, candid feedback and a shared ambition to succeed to be at the very core of our DNA as a studio. True to the Nordic culture we pride ourselves in real life/work balance and strongly support personal growth and hunger for learning.
You’ll need vision. We need someone to help define the artistic vision for your game. You will work with the team of super talented people to help to develop new IPs and/or interpretations of the world known Angry Birds brand. Your task is to define what our audience wants, what creates true emotional connection to the game you are making, the soul of the game.
You’ll need to ensure consistency and quality. Rovio is well known for making games with genuinely world-class production values. You need to take responsibility for ensuring that your game is of the absolute highest quality, and making sure the vision and execution is consistent throughout the game.
You’ll need to make stuff. In our studio everybody is expected to roll their sleeves and get their hands dirty, so you will need to be comfortable creating concept art as well as producing directly usable assets all the way to the game to help the team move quickly during different phases of development.
You’ll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Create a shared vision with a great team
- Achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Help to devise IPs and art styles that meet the technical, creative and commercial aims of the game
- Make creating a fantastic culture a part of your job
You’ll need these skills:
- At least 6 years hands-on experience in game art on a professional level
- Excellent drawing skills and overall skills in digital arts
- Strong understanding of character design
- Ability to concept creative worlds, environments, places etc.
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation
- Experience developing in Unity
- Experience in Blender, Maya or 3DS Max
- Solid background in 2D art and UI
- Experience in developing new IP
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Strong experience working on games for mobile platforms
- A breadth and depth of aesthetic interests outside of games
- Equal parts ambitious and humble
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and apply new skills
- Strong interest in data-driven approach to optimise art for games business performance
- Collaborative and consensus driven approach
Send your application over now – we look forward to hearing from you!