Senior Game Animator
PUBLISHED: July 12, 2019
Can you breath life in to static objects and bring personality in to game characters? We are looking for an experienced animator to join us on our quest to create new industry leading IPs and expand the Angry Birds franchise in new and surprising directions. On this quest you will be joined by the award winning teams and talented people at our internal Puzzle Studio.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the home of the passionate team behind Angry Birds Match, Angry Birds Friends, the newly launched Angry Birds Dream Blast, and other unreleased games currently in production. The studio strives to create puzzle games that are instantly fun, but that can also turn into years-long hobbies. Puzzle Studio is also exploring new ways to use narrative and character worlds in casual mobile games, with the aim of creating a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the animations of your project, but you’re also expected to play a big role in development of the game in general; crafting its IP, story, and characters through concepts and storyboards, as well as creating various production quality art assets in to the final product.
Your responsibilities as Senior Game Animator will include:
- Defining animation style for your projects
- Animating assets to be used in the game and its marketing
- Managing and directing animation outsourcing, if and when needed
- Concepting and storyboarding key moments and characters
- Producing high quality art assets
We are looking for someone who has:
- 6+ years in games industry or equivalent field
- Good understanding of modern animation pipelines 2D & 3D
- Experience in at least one 2D animation package (Spine, Anima2D, or similar)
- Experience in at least one 3D animation package (Maya, Max)
- Prior experience working on Unity game projects
- Great personality and attitude
- Great teamwork and people skills
- Good track record and impressive portfolio and reel
- Fluent in English, and strong verbal and written communication skills
The position is full time, and requires the candidate to relocate to Finland. The position is in our Espoo Headquarters, just few hundred meters from Helsinki border and less than 10 minutes metro ride from downtown Helsinki.
What you get when you join us:
- Career development: we help you grow and achieve your professional goals.
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive salary based on Helsinki cost of living
- Flexible work hours
- No crunch; standard work day is 7.5 hours
- We have fun! We are a community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- Truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together.
- Work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits: such as choice of current gen smartphone and home internet service paid, choice of laptop, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna
- The feeling of a small startup in a financially stable environment.
If you’re interested in hearing more don’t hesitate to send in your application (CV, Cover letter, and portfolio). We will fill the position the moment we find a suitable candidate.