Senior Environment Artist
PUBLISHED: June 30, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland/Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Environment Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
What are we looking for?
As a Senior Environment Artist you’ll be responsible for the creation of levels within a cross discipline team. Together with your art leads, you’ll have a major role in developing the look of the environments and contributing to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to be a big part of the creative process. From early concept to final product.
What we think you’ll have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a game artist working for big screen projects and at least two shipped titles.
- Knowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent software.
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Good understanding of game and level design.
- Good high poly modelling skills.
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Ability to mentor and offer guidance to others.
- The ability to deliver under tight deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- A passion for games. Be proactive and self-motivated.
What we’d love you also to have, but don’t sweat it if you don’t:
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture.
- Experience of using level/ environment editors.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with photogrammetry.
So what’s in it for you then?
We offer you a chance to do something new and unique. Working as a member of our talented and experienced team with our world-class game technology means you have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a sane work-life balance, and we’re committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
Naturally there’s a competitive compensation package with healthcare & insurance waiting for you, and should you be moving from abroad we’re there for you every step of the way. The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required.
To apply, please fill in the application with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position by 31st July 2017.