PUBLISHED: October 22, 2018
Veikkaus is a Finnish-owned gaming company. We generate over a billion euros annually for the common good. Our games are played by almost all adult Finns, and we have more than two million loyal customers. We want our games to be played safely and in moderation.
We employ almost 2,000 professionals from a range of different fields. In our ranks, we have developers of hit games, digital and data wizards, and ICT sector top specialists. You’ll encounter our customer service experts in our phone and chat services, as well as nationwide throughout our Pelaamo and Feel Vegas gaming locales, restaurant table games, and Finland’s only casino in Helsinki.
We are looking for
for full-time employment
Veikkaus Design Studio is a forerunner in applying new technologies and bold experimentation when it comes to design and development of devices and platforms for land-based gaming such as slot machines, gaming and payment devices as well as overall gaming arcade experiences. We are now looking for Senior Developer to join our agile UXUI team.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for taking the way we develop our land-based platform UIs to a new level. You will participate in evaluation of new technologies, experiment and test your ideas with other developers across Veikkaus as well as see concrete results of your work bringing joy and fun to our customers. The land-based gaming landscape is changing rapidly and this is an exceptional opportunity to bring your full potential to the table and develop your position according to your interest and talent.
If you are excited about UI development based on personalization, data driven design, implementation of novel technologies like AR/VR in product development, DevOps practices and other forward-looking approaches – you are the right candidate for this position.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Possibility to participate in and influence large multifaceted projects, bringing fun to millions of people. We develop our own hardware and software, so the possibilities for experimentation and innovation are almost limitless.
- Self-driven teams. We believe that autonomous teams can create best customer experiences!
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly “competence development days” that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
- Competitive salary
We expect you to have:
- Proven track record of using C++ in SW development
- Interest in creating UIs utilizing Qt or SDL
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux environment
- Corresponding work experience (Senior SW developer, SW Architect, Lead technologist or similar) and showcases demonstrating working software
- Self-driven/make-it-happen attitude and good team player skills
- Passion for creating and publishing world-class software
Considered as a plus:
- Experience working with game engines and/or UI frameworks
- Knowledge of scripting language (shell, Python)
- Understanding latest C++ standards
- Interest in data driven design and personalization
- Experience with DevOps practices
We cannot wait to meet you!
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland.
Due to the nature of Veikkaus as a company we will perform a security clearance check to the person selected to the position.